The Mauritius variety is the second most common commercially produced lychee in South Florida and is named after the African island of Mauritius, east of Madagascar, where the seedling originated. Mauritius fruit typically ripens several weeks earlier than other varieties and is easily distinguished by the pinkish green skin coloration characteristic of ripe fruit. This fruit has a large seed and produces pulp that is juicy with a spicier, tarter taste. The Mauritius lychee fruit is relatively mid-sized with a small seed.
- Mid May thru the end of June.
- 2022 Season: We had a very bad season with Lychee harvest this year, we have no plan to open for online orders this year. Hopefully we will have a better season in 2023. We thank everyone for the interest shown in ordering this season.
Recommended Shipping Method: “Next Day/Overnight” or “2-Day” shipping needs to be chosen for this item to ensure the freshness.
- As Lychee is a very delicate fruit and to preserve the freshness, we ship all of our Lychees with “Next Day/Overnight” or “2-Day” shipping. This allows YP Farms to stand behind our “Freshness Guarantee”
- If your shipping address is in Florida, Georgia or South Carolina, please note that in the comments. We will adjust your shipping charge accordingly to FedEx Ground, which will save you shipping costs.
- YP Farms ships all their lychees with a longer stem and some leaves. This ensures that the lychee will stay fresh longer while in transit.
- Quantities are shipped in approximation. If you require less than the quantities available on the website of any product please contact us directly or place a wholesale order.
- Estimated Shipping Box Size for 10 LBS: 16″ X 16″ X 6″
- Estimated Shipping Box Size for 20 LBS: 18″ X 18″ X 6″
There are no reviews yet.